Friday, April 16, 2010

Ought to Thank Your Mama...

My Mother is my #1 shopping companion, and not just because when we shop together I pay a lot less. I've always been a big girl, and it's always been my Mother's mantra that I should were clothes that are flattering. I trust her opinion above all others. I try to find things that emphasis my waist, and minimize my ASSets. She will not hesitate to say, "Makes your butt look big." So just prior to my move I was trying to get a lot of professional pieces I could wear to school. I was Target with June, my number 2 shopping companion and there was a dress for sale for $9 dollars. I tried it on, determined it was cute and bought. I haven't worn it since. Upon reflection, and an unintentional channeling of my mother, I found myself thinking, 'Makes my butt look big.' As well as a concern that the print made me look like the entire amazonian rain forest. Today I decided to conquer my fear (and deal with my lack of clean laundry + rising temperatures).I'm back to my original verdict of cute. Especially since I got quite a few compliments on it.

Dilemma #2
The Blazer
I have a khaki linen Ann Taylor blazer, that I never know what to wear with. So I tried it with the dress today, and I'm not sure how I felt about it. Let me know what you guys think, and if you have other suggestions of how I should wear it.Unbuttoned

Buttoned, which in this picture looks weird. I think, maybe, because I was raising my arm to take the picture.


By the by, my Mom is totally justified in her comments.
'Cause, her 'Baby's got back'.

3 comments:

  1. I like the dress and I like the blazer, but separately. I think there's something off about the lighter jacket over the darker dress. I do like the look of that blazer over a dress, though, so I would try for a white/light dress or light skirt and camisole maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on the blazer issue. I love the blazer but there's something wrong (maybe it's the arm issue) when it's unbuttoned and then when it's buttoned you can't see the lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete